Monday 1 August 2016

Something unexpected for the new year

First posted on December 01, 2012

Lo and behold …..!!! My ‘young’ friend Joseph turns 50 on 6th January. When I told him that unfortunately I couldn’t go to his ‘party’ party in Brisbane on 19th January he replied, “Why not come to the family party on 5th January in Canberra then?” Yay – it works for me!! I can drive up.
But then I got to thinking …. and it might not be the most sensible thought but then again, the weather might be kind – I’m taking the long route to get there. Hoping for the mid-30s average all along the way, not the mid-40s possibilities. My plan is to drive relatively short distances each day, carry plenty of water (and a bit of food!), not go off main/sealed roads – it should be do-able. Most places I’ve booked to stay have a pool so cooling down will be mostly easy. Only a couple say they have internet/wi-fi so we’ll have to see how blogging goes.

Roughly the area I’ll be travelling in before cutting across to Canberra – but not going as far east as Bathurst