Tuesday 2 August 2016

Other library visits

First posted on March 1, 2014

As well as the formal library visits as already described and the unofficial visits already mentioned, there were yet more library visits.
There was the quick pop into the local library at Glenelg. I didn’t see much of it because all I wanted was a computer for 15 minutes – quickly and easily done.
I popped back to the State Library for the same reason but while it got done, it wasn’t quite so easy, they wanted me to sign up. In the end I didn’t have to …. a bit of refinement needed for casual users methinks.
Entrance to the State Library of South Australia
 
On the road home, I called into the local library at Goolwa. In a gorgeous building, much bigger than expected, as was Goolwa itself. Here, I merely wandered about. They had some shelves near the entry for recently returned items – quickly shows what other people are borrowing and saves ‘proper’ shelving for a little while. I picked up their ‘new item list’ for Jan/Feb 2014 – there are a few  names new to me in the crime section:-)
Goolwa council and library building -
entrance through courtyard to the right
Goolwa library entrance
My last library visit was an accident. At Robe I wanted to know where a service station was because my petrol tank was almost empty. There was a building that had a couple of doors, one to the library and one to the tourist information centre. I went into the latter but it turned out they were one and the same: there were no walls inside, except into the local history section. I spoke to the person at the library desk and she said she was “everything”! Or, as she literally said, “Jack of all trades and master of none” to which I replied I suspected that wasn’t true, the last bit anyway :-)
Robe Library ... and tourist info centre!
I did try one more library, spur of the moment as it hadn’t been on my intended route home – Hamilton Base Hospital to see a colleague. But she was on leave all that week. Ah well …..