Saturday 11 August 2012

Getting closer

When I got home from work on Thursday night there was a box sitting on my doorstep – the tour kit! Back-pack, cap, water bottle, binoculars, swimming towel, sunscreen, excellent maps, final itinerary ... and instructions. This morning I was out shopping, this afternoon I've highlighted the tour route on the maps. I don't know how many kilometres we're supposed to be covering but it will be thousands.

Included in the trip ....
- 2 helicopter flights
- 3 opportunities to swim, plus more if you include the pools at non-camping accommodation such as Cable Beach and Emma Gorge .... will I or won't I?!
- 5 river/lake cruises .... watching out for crocodiles
- 14 nights camping .... I think I'm looking forward to it!
- 1 night after the trip in the most expensive hotel I've ever stayed at – in Darwin, considerably more than the hotel at Tullamarine that has held the record until now.
Wow!
I said it before and I'll say it again, roll on 26 August!!

The tour kit