Sunday 26 August 2012

Almost .....

One sleep and I'm off! Mind you, a pretty short sleep by the time I get to bed then set the alarm for an 8.35am flight!
The mail has been cancelled.
The rubbish is out.
The washing's done.
The ironing's done.
The vacuuming's done.
The dishwasher is churning away.
The dusting .... well, you've got to draw the line somewhere!
I'm all packed.















I've checked in - boarding pass is on my phone.
Well, why not? If a plane can stay up in the air .....















This has been something of a long-term dream, one I didn't think would ever come to fruition. Friends Robyn & Ian did the same trip (in the reverse direction) last year. Robyn enthused so much I told her of my dream, “But not likely to happen because I'm a solo traveller.” To which Robyn replied that this is a good tour for solos. Thanks, Robyn, for all the excitement you've set in motion.

Why did I have this dream?
Scenery like this, photos courtesy of friends Joan & Ken who are currently travelling in the Kimberley and beyond with their caravan.

Emma Gorge
                                                           
Geikie Gorge


But there's more! I had no idea about the magic, description of their visit a few days ago courtesy of Joan. I'll be there in about 10 days.

Windjana Gorge ..... As well as seeing about 30 fresh water crocodiles lazing on the water’s edge, we also saw bats, 2 olive pythons in the trees near the bats and lots of fish.
Tunnel Creek is an amazing experience once you get into the tunnel. .... Make sure you take a really good torch to look at the rock formations, stalactites and stalagmites in the cave. ..... I will let you discover the rest of the tunnel for yourself, but when we got to the very end and into daylight again ..., the air was alive with butterflies which made it quite special.

Many thanks too to Robyn & Ian and Joan & Ken for some really useful tips for this novice camper.

Let the adventure begin!!!